I got slammed this week with a bunch of new items to discuss. In order to expedite the post and keep everything consolidated, I’ll rattle them off quickly:
- Looks like my previous post was correct, Style of Man is going into the space on Fayette St next to Chaingmai. I used to get my haircut there when I lived in Roxborough. I’ll give it a try again when they open.
- Also on the real estate front, the space formerly occupied by Philadelphia Soft Pretzel factory appears to have found a tenant. (the FOR RENT sign was removed) Looking forward to seeing what it ends up being.
- Who knew? The McDonald’s Chicken McNugget was invented in West Conshohocken!
- Here is a good article on Bailey Ehasz, the girl that was struck by a truck while crossing Fayette Street. Let this article be a reminder to you, cross at the crosswalks and at an intersection with a traffic light. Fayette has become a hazard. Walk a block out of your way and cross at the lights. Also, you can get more info on Bailey and the fund set up to assist in her recovery at http://baileyfund.conshy.com/
- Lastly, the commercial property located at 6th and Fayette St (picture) has had a sketch plan submitted to the Planning Commission. No approvals on design or zoning, it was just a sketch plan. Essentially, a local bank wants to demolish the building and build a branch. As the development moves through the process, I suggest talking to your Borough rep, attending Planning Commission, Borough Council meetings and getting involved.